Monday, August 26, 2013

Chips and Guac

Guacamole is one of my favorite foods ever! In fact, one of my best  friends just sent me a tantalizing text message stating that she had just improved her already-perfect guacamole.  Now, I have a recently developed corn allergy (among many others) so I'm scouring the grocery stores, looking for a tortilla chip substitute that is both delicious and corn-free.

I bought some nut chips made from almonds that went really well with guac and pico de gallo but because I'm pretty sure I have a tree nut allergy, they're out.  (They're delicious though; called Nut Chips and made by Blue Diamond.  They sell them in my local H-E-B, but by the rice cakes, not in the chip aisle.)

I picked up a bag of Beanitos (made from beans and rice and fried in sunflower/saffron oil) from the city's co-op and am going to try them out with some guacamole tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment