Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Food Allergies

Lately, I've been having a lot of stomach problems - constant stomachaches, occasional nausea, and the random weird bout of vomiting. (Yuck.)  So I went on an elimination diet and then I went to the doctor with my results.  They ran a blood allergy test and it turns out I'm allergic to soy, corn, wheat, peanuts and walnuts (I suspect a tree nut allergy, as I'm having pains when I eat almonds as well), scallops - which I've eaten perhaps 5 times in my entire life - and sesame seeds.

Yes, sesame seeds.  Who on earth knew that there was a sesame seed allergy? Not this girl.  Luckily, since I live in America, the only time I eat sesame seeds is when they're on top of hamburger buns which the wheat allergy has taken care of quite handily. 

Anyway, I need a place to vent about the drastic changes in my diet and the fact that all my favorite foods are no longer allowed!  

But the good news is - I'm not allergic to dairy.  And I looooove me some dairy.  So there's always a silver lining!  

No comments:

Post a Comment