Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sneaky Dairy Foods

After the good news that I wasn't allergic to dairy, I immediately went out and got some ice cream to celebrate.  I went to get a pint of coffee ice cream - yum, my favorite! - and found out that both Bluebell and Ben and Jerry's have both soy and corn in them.  Well.  That explains why ice cream gives me a stomachache.  Haagan Daz, however, is safe, with only cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, and coffee flavoring.

On a similar note, though Starbucks doesn't list the ingredients of their frappuccinos, I'm pretty sure they're chock full of high fructose corn syrup because I get a bad stomachache every. single. time I have one.

The final dairy surprise, on my question to celebrate my resumed dairy consumption, is that Promised Land chocolate milk, possibly the most delicious dairy product on the market, has corn starch in it! Now I am on a quest to find an equally delicious brand of chocolate milk that is corn-free.  I can't say I'm not looking forward to this, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment